On June 28th, foursquare announced their new Connected Apps platform. This new platform gives mobile apps two channels to increase engagement and exposure with foursquare users and their foursquare friends.
- Channel One: Inside the foursquare check-in
- Channel Two: Inside Friends’ Activity Stream
Channel One: Inside the foursquare check-in
1. The new Connected Apps platform allows an app to communicate within a foursquare users’s check-in IF the foursquare user has previously connected their foursquare account with the app.
The new foursquare version 5.0 arrived on the iPhone in the early morning of June 7, 2012 EST and later in the day on Android. I was anxiously awaiting the release after buzz and leaks were made earlier about a new version being released in 2012. After installing version 5.0 on my iPhone, I was incredibly happy to discover that the UX changes made by the foursquare team led by @dens, @arainert, and @mari18 have made the app much more playful, sticky to use, and visually engaging.
Since the release this past Thursday, I have already started engaging with more brands and music artists through their lists and tips than I have since becoming a foursquare user a few years ago. I get to discover and engage with these brands and bands much easier now because I am virally exposed to them through my friends foursquare activity that is now broadcast to me in the new foursquare 5.0 activity stream.
While all of these updates are great for consumers, the updates are even greater for brands who can increase reach and engagement with foursquare users worldwide and this is how:
GET OUR GUIDE TO WHY BRANDS SHOULD USE THE FOURSQUARE PLATFORM AND HOW TO DO IT RIGHT
click below to download:
TIPS and LISTS = MINI BILLBOARDS FOR BRANDS
The number of Foursquare check-ins has increased to a rate of over 3 million
daily. This white paper is designed to show you how to leverage this information to increase your customer reach and engagement in just a few steps on Foursquare.
It can help:
- Increase overall brand awareness
- Connect your brand with a defined user group
- Discover insights into how followers of your brand behave
- Introduce and promote new products
- Drive users to your brand’s website, Facebook, and Twitter accounts
- Increase your brand’s presence throughout the social media ecosystem to a larger audience
- Obtain foursquare user data to analyze towards improving the effectiveness of marketing programs and advertising campaigns for your brand
FOLLOW & CONTACT US
The Location Star platform makes executing location based marketing programs more efficient and effective for brands and agencies. Our goal is to help increase your consumer reach with location-specific targeting.
CONTACT US HERE to inquire about our enterprise solution, data analytics report engine, and client services.
FOLLOW US ON FOURSQUARE: http://foursquare.com/locationstar
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER: @locationstar
This is the first in a series of posts that will guide brands on best practices to utilize Foursquare to reach and influence consumers on a targeted location basis.